Sunday, December 7, 2008

Jessica Mohl



Jessica Mohl is a metal-smith. She works organically with silver, copper, lenses, and enameling in her work. Working with the metal, she creates beautiful line and form, with an emphasis on growth. Jessica wants us to find something hidden within the form that seem almost precious… that we are supposed to which we have to pay attention, yet something that we have to find within the form and not out in the open for everyone to see. She creates an intimate and protective feeling with her work through the layering of the metal and with the texture she uses on the piece. This process of etching and hammering to create the texture creates an organic feel to her work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Jessica, I met your mother today and she told me about you. I tried to pull up your work on line at work but it was blocked so I came home and did it. Love your work! Elegant, organic, and emotional! I work at MMC.
Cynthia McElhatten