Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bifei Cao

















Artist Statement


Works Name: Where am I


The series of my works include four pieces: three for ring, one for brooch, made by nickel, Sterling silver and ebony. The major techniques are soldering, making die form, chiseling. White contrasting black that is the classical color are my choice. The dimensions of most of pieces are suitable for wearing, about 7in by 1.25in.


Ladder is the primary element that matched with clouds expresses my feeling to the life around me. That’s to say, my works are language of mine. They can communicate with wearer to reflect my personal emotion. They are conceptual works and at the same time, they are also functional. Finding the connected point between function and concept, appearing abundant emotion language and forming a beautiful works is my aim.


Clouds are another visual language that performed at my works. It roots from Chinese traditional lucky clouds pattern, means floating and motivating life.


Four pieces close connecting with each other perform a series of expression of mine to recently life: Where am I.



No comments: